Dynamic problem-solving organizations face special problems. In producing products and services for their customers, we must make technology work in new ways, before any of our competitors do. A dynamic problem-solving organization produces first-of-a-kind commercial products and services based on technical mastery and state-of-the-art teamwork.
This Web site is way more than a hyperlinked brochure. You'll find hundreds of articles here, packed with valuable content. Keep reading below, or take a quick look right now.
I'm Rick Brenner, principal of Chaco Canyon Consulting. I understand what life is like in problem-solving organizations that depend on teamwork for success. I know what it takes to be successful in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, and still hang on to your humanity, your integrity, and your sense of humor.
Fed Up with Business Travel?
Are your business trips long chains of stressful misadventures? Have you ever wondered if there's a better way to get from here to there relaxed and refreshed? First class travel is one alternative, but you can do almost as well (without the high costs) if you know the tricks of the masters of 21st-century e-enabled business travel…
Getting from here to there can be wearing, stressful and an out-and-out waste of time — if you keep doing what you've been doing. If you're like most of us, you know some of the little tricks that can make a difference in the common travel situations that most of us discover. But there's a lot more to know, and if you follow the trails already blazed by others, you can avoid the traps that trapped them.
Business travel is changing fast. Even if you scan the Web for travel tips, much of what you find, though helpful, is out of date or soon-to-be out of date, obsoleted by dramatic developments on the Web itself, or in mobile devices. For business travelers, keeping current isn't just keeping up with the latest fads. It can make the difference between an OK trip and an astonishingly successful one. It can mean that you catch a flight you didn't know existed, shortening your trip by two days. It can mean the difference between a window seat with an actual window, and window seat with a clear view of a wall.
This book has just been updated for 2017.
Read 21st Century Business Travel: Tips for the e-Enabled Business Traveler to learn the secrets the e-enabled travel pros already know. It's packed with tricks and techniques that let you fly through security, or get the best available rental car, or the safest hotel room, and much more. For instance, you'll learn how to configure your email (for free) so that if your address ever changes, all you have to do is tell one organization, instead of dozens of frequent-flyer, hotel, and car rental loyalty programs.
We accept either PayPal or credit cards in our store
If you prefer, you can use your PayPal account for any purchase here. Since we're a PayPal Verified seller, you can be assured of a secure and professional purchase process. And even though there's talk of Internet sales taxes someday, there is still No Sales Tax on any purchase you make at our store.
- Sign up for my free newsletter
- Point Lookout is a free weekly email newsletter of tips, insights and perspectives that help people in dynamic problem-solving organizations find better ways to work with each other. It gives concrete, nuts-and-bolts methods for dealing with real-life situations. Sign up now or check out some sample issues.
- Point Lookout for July 19: Regaining Respect from Others
- When you feel that a colleague has lost professional respect for you — or never really had respect for you — what can you do about it? Check your conclusions, check whether it's about you, and ask for a dialog.
- Where you can catch me
- Check out public programs where you can catch me live, or publications where my articles appear. More
- Join the Library of Personal Trade Secrets
- A growing collection of tips, tricks and techniques members use to deal with the hassles of everyday life at work — to thrive and to succeed. Charter membership is free to anyone who contributes a Personal Trade Secret. View some samples
- Get personal coaching from Rick
- Get the extra boost you need to address sudden, unexpected challenges or opportunities or problems of long-standing — rapidly and effectively. More
- Check out Rick's Resources
- Ebooks, tips books, email tips, essays, and other resources for people in problem-solving organizations. All designed for people so busy they don't even have time to read the directions on their prescriptions.
- Make your next workshop or seminar a hit!
- Check out what people say after they attend Rick's events. Download a program catalog, and check out my resources for meeting planners.
- Spreadsheet modeling services
- Since we use spreadsheets to manage our projects and our enterprises, we should use them as effectively as we can. Check out Spreadsheet Models for Managers. For more about my spreadsheet consulting and training services, visit SpreadsheetAce.com.
Are you a writer, editor or publisher on deadline?
Are you looking for an article that will get people talking and get compliments flying your way? There are more than 875 articles and essays at this Web site, ranging from in length from 500 to 3000 words. You could have one in your inbox in an hour. More info
Point Lookout by
starting your Amazon search here
- "Rick is a dynamic presenter who thinks on his feet to keep the material relevant to the
— Tina L. Lawson, Technical Project Manager, BankOne (now J.P. Morgan Chase)
- "Rick truly has his finger on the pulse of teams and their communication."
— Mark Middleton, Team Lead, SERS